Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20: Pattern Mixing

I don't really know about this outfit. I have wanted to be bolder about mixing patterns after I see women killing it on their blogs all the time. It seems sensible that black and white will go well together. I adore this skirt, which has been quite versatile considering its distinctive print. And of course my favorite pattern is polka dots. But all together, does it work? And I just don't know. Further staring suggests the elastic bottom of the top is doing something weird to my waist-would I like it more if it was tucked in? I had big hopes for this outfit but they fell a bit flat; similarly I had high hopes for another gorgeous sunny day and got a weirdly cold and foggy day. Better luck tomorrow!

Blouse: Loft
Cardigan: Kohl's
Skirt: Peter Pilotto for Target
Shoes: Old Navy
Earrings: Baublebar

No comments:

Post a Comment