Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15: Ladylike 60s

I had the great good fortune to see the film "Selma" last week. It is horrifyingly intense and a fascinating tribute to a complicated figure and an examination of a difficult part of our culture. There's a lot I'm still thinking about especially in light of the Academy's failure to nominate its lead actor or director. However, as someone who blogs about her outfit of the day, I was also very interested in the clothing. The 1950s and 1960s are some of my favorite decades for coveting clothing and this outfit is inspired by something that Coretta Scott King wore during the film. I adore this blouse so much-one of my favorite things is blouses with ties in the front. This one is a bit droopy after a long day at the office.

Blouse: Forever 21
Camisole: American Eagle
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Target
Watch: Timex from JCPenney
Earrings: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment