Sunday, November 16, 2014

To-Read Stack

I got another batch of books to discuss today with yet another installment to come later this week. I haven't been reading very fast but I have ambitions. The first three are recommendations for fall reading and I'm pleased at how fast they came in at the library.

Let's Explores Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris - I've never read his writing but I've heard he's hilarious so I look forward to determining that for myself.

Casebook by Mona Simpson - I thought the sound of a young boy snooping on his mother's mathematical work sounded very intriguing and I like the idea of trying new to me authors so that is another bonus here.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown - I remember this as being a very buzzy release this year but one I had to originally pass over. I'm going back to give it a try but am nervous as one of my good friends isn't really enjoying it right now. My final opinion may largely depend on my mood honestly.

The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach - I kind of re-fell in love with baseball this year and I've heard about this book for a few years so, knowing that it involves baseball somehow, I decided to give it a shot. Who knows what my feelings will end up being but I definitely want to give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment