Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Reading List November 5th

Remember, remember the fifth of November! I shared this with a couple of people today and absolutely no one knew it was Guy Fawkes Day. I know we're Californians rather than Brits but still...

I did like my outfit today but since it was just my favorite chambray and black skirt and boots, all of which have been cataloged here, I decided to talk about something else. Below is my currently pending stack of books. Surprisingly three of the books are non-fiction; I am normally a die-hard novel reader but this year has seen me reading more outside of my comfort zone. Let's take a look!


Thanks for the Feedback by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen: I actually read this earlier this year but I wanted to go through it again and take some detailed notes. When I read it, I just wanted to make everyone I knew read it but it's also kind of awkward in case they assume I'm suggesting they give bad feedback (this may or may not be the case but it's so fascinating!)

Thinking In New Boxes by Luc de Brabandere and Alan Iny: This was recommended by my company's president so I figured I'd give it a whirl and see what it's all about.

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand: Some of my coworkers are planning to see the film adaptation of this amazing biography and they invited me to participate in their little book club/movie going group. I am so grateful to have been lent a copy.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: I read Outlander earlier this year after having owned the book for about six years and in anticipation of the television series. Long story short, I love the show and am eagerly awaiting its return in April (forever away it seems!) In the meantime I can find out what happens in the second installment.

Have you read any of these books? What have you been reading lately?

Please note, all links are to the book on Goodreads; if you are also on Goodreads, you can friend me.

1 comment:

  1. SO happy to see your name pop up in my comments and I am excited that you've switched to blogging here -- I would have stopped by sooner if I'd known!

    I haven't read the Outlander series and didn't try the show and now am feeling a little remorse...

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete