Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4: Red, White, and Blue

I am so glad I plan my outfits for the week on Sunday because I overslept today and would not have had the brain functioning power to put anything together this morning. As it was, I was completely prepared!

I am hugely patriotic and nerdy, which means that in addition to the big holidays, I get excited about the littler ones too such as Election Day (even in a midterm election year) so of course I wore red, white, and blue for the day. Because my camera isn't great, the color of the scarf is a little hard to catch but it's a very dark navy accessorized by a snazzy flag pin. I find it hilarious that there have been politicians criticized for being insufficiently patriotic because they didn't sport such a pin so this is my little ironic tribute to that. It is an infinity scarf borrowed from my sister and I must say I don't really like the style-I prefer a regular scarf.

I hope you did vote if you are of an age to do so. I take advantage of the option to vote by mail so I did that back in October (actually my whole family sat down to complete it together; I wish we had strongly varying political opinions to demonstrate that people with such opposing views could work well together but we voted pretty much uniformly.) The only disappointments with voting by mail are that you need to affix a stamp and you don't get a sticker saying "I voted."

Dress: Loft (last year)
Cardigan: Apt 9 from Kohl's
Scarf: Borrowed from my sister
Pin: Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
Flats: Target (definitely up there with the best flats ever)
Earrings and Bracelet: No idea

2 comments:

  1. Cute dress and scarf! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this combo. I have a red dress that doesn't get worn much, I love the tan here, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete