Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I'm Thankful For...God

"Rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances."

The first Thanksgiving after I was saved was when I was in college. For a group activity, we were making posters and writing what we were thankful for on them (kind of inspiring this series of posts) and one of the things I wrote was "God." Because I was so incredibly thankful to know Him and I hadn't just one year earlier.

This year I am still thankful for His grace and mercy because I have needed them so much but I also noticed something else when I wrote up these posts. Though the titles referred to things, they were always ultimately about people. I could have written that I was thankful for my car (I love my car-its shape, size, color, and reliability) or my computer (it's getting old but it still gets the job done.)

But I wrote about the people who have made such a big difference in my life this year. And I am so incredibly thankful to God for putting them in my life because they are awesome giving people and I am so fortunate to know them.

I have struggled to be patient and to recognize a bigger plan (um I actually still very much struggling with that) but I want to cleave to God and place my faith in his promises as shared below.

""For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."" - Jeremiah 29:11

So this year I want to reiterate that I am grateful for salvation, for His love, and for all His blessings on me. I pray to maintain this attitude all the time no matter the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment