Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm Thankful For...Family

My mom doesn't read this blog but if she did, she'd be wondering why she hadn't been mentioned yet. Obviously Mom I was saving you for almost last!

I am incredibly thankful for my parents and younger sister. Some of my favorite memories of them are the very small moments like when we went through a carwash and were in stitches over something my dad said or when we all sat down this year to fill out our mail-in ballots together and peaceably despite disagreements about candidates. We also had bigger moments like great trips to Disney World, Disneyland, and the East Coast. But it's the little moments that loom: countless family dinners, hours watching TV, shared books and magazines, dance parties, etc.

To get a glimpse of our dynamic, my dad recently shared how we would function on a late night talk show. He is the host, shepherding us around; I'm the sidekick, laughing admiringly and keeping things light; my mom is the verbose guest, telling us all she's seen; and my sister is the music coordinator who is also the coolest.

And of course I adore this guy as well...here he is resting on one of his favorite cushions (I don't recommend anyone else sit there unless they want a butt covered in fur!) Aragorn is a very important and beloved member of the family.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love my family and I agree that the best moments are just the little funny ones that are completely unexpected yet really memorable.
    Hope you and the whole family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete