Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31: Halloween

I’ll confess: I’m not the biggest fan of Halloween. Yes, when I was a kid I dressed up (usually as a Disney princess) but soon I was just over it. However I seem to be slightly more interested in it in the past few years (2012 – witch; 2013 – Minnie Mouse) or at least willing to dress up, provided it doesn’t take too much effort. This year my department sort of organized a group costume (at work, we had some cool group costumes with Wizard of Oz characters and a horde of zombies). Ours was Doctor Who with representatives from the 1920s, 1950s, and 1980s. As you can see, I was a flapper who hasn’t quite gotten around to bobbing her hair (I tried a few examples to fold my hair up from various online sources and my hair just would not oblige.) My boss’s door was covered in blue paper and decorated to become the TARDIS so I think it worked out as a fun nerdy costume while each could also stand individually. Did anyone else dress up?
Dress: Costume
Pearls: Mom
Tights: Target (specifically for Halloween use)
Heels: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment