Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17: Feminizing

The motivation behind this outfit is a bit of a rambling story. In 2010, I had an internship where I was promised a drawer full of t-shirts because that's one of the things the company does; well that may be the case at their headquarters but I was working at a different location and only got two shirts to my dismay. Now I'm in my career and already I've gotten two shirts: a black polo and the shirt in this situation. When I saw it, my first thought was "this is basically the ugliest thing I've ever seen." I immediately started thinking of how I could make it cute and hit on the idea that I'd have to add so many feminine touches to make it work. I settled on a red skirt and lots of pearls along with some new wedges. I feel a lot better about the shirt, having worn it all day and realizing how comfortable it is. I think it feels like a man's shirt and I definitely plan to wear it again.


Shirt: From work
Skirt: Target
Tank: American Eagle Outfitters (it's blue with white polka dots)
Pearls: Talbots Outlet
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Singapore
Ring: H&M
Bracelet: Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment