Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14: Black and Navy

I don't hold much to fashion rules such as ones saying not to mix black and blue. However I haven't worn this particular outfit before because the skirt was a Christmas present. I wasn't sure how to style it for its inaugural outfit but then I hit upon wearing one of my favorite blouses and classing it up with these fairly comfortable heels. This morning I had some confusion as it looked plum to me (and still does in the picture). For some reason the light in my house turns it that color because the light at the store and work made it clear that it was midnight blue. I wish I was better at taking pictures so you could see that my top has strings that tie to a bow, I've pulled back one side of my hair with bobby pins and I'm wearing a ring on my watch hand.
Shirt: LOFT
Skirt: Worthington from JCPenney's
Shoes: Shoe Dazzle
Love Ring: Charlotte Russe
Earrings: H&M

What do you think? Do you like the combination of black and blue? What are your favorite shades of blue to pair with black?

No comments:

Post a Comment