Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8: Pattern Mixing

This past weekend I was struck with boldness. I wanted to mix two patterns. AlAS I don't have that many pieces with patterns, tending to prefer solids. However I do have polka dots and a few striped shirts so after checking with Pinterest about the trendiness of this, I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear this striped shirt with my polka dot skirt, trusting in the simple black and white combo to make it work. As a bonus, I've been feeling very confident lately so I hoped that the strength of my personality would really tie everything together.

My parents were skeptical but my coworker K, one of the most fashionable people I know, applauded me while saying she would not be to wear such a style. I happen to think she's wrong but it does seem to take some guts.
 Top: LOFT
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Yeswalker (probably my faves)

No comments:

Post a Comment