Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 12: Stripes

This is an outfit I absolutely adore and I think it intersects with some trends this season. While browsing the Target clearance rack (I feel like a lot of my shopping stories feature this!), I stumbled across this skirt and immediately fell in love with it. It was an online purchase returned to store so it was available for a song and I immediately snatched it up. The skirt is flippy at the bottom but it didn't show up well in my pictures. Once I got the skirt, I was initially planning to be very simple and just wear a white shirt though I wished I had a blue striped shirt. Turns out my mom did and she very generously gave me hers. Since I like a bit of high, I wore my favorite wedges and added my pearls since this was my favorite outfit this week.

One more piece, for a sense of whimsy, is my owl ring, shown below. This was part of a set of 3, also from Target. I didn't use to like rings, finding them awkward AND I hated my hands thinking they were too small (I have consistently compared my hands to other women of comparable height and found mine to be smaller.) But lately I have much more positive feelings about my hands and have felt more comfortable with rings as well.


Top: H&M
Skirt: Merona from Target
Shoes: Dexter from Payless
Ring: Owl from Target
Necklace: Pearls from ?

No comments:

Post a Comment