Saturday, July 27, 2013

Opening Post

This is a personal style blog that will almost certainly not be available for anyone's viewing. I plan to post pictures of myself in the different outfits I style for work as well as pictures of style I'm attempting to emulate.

Let's break down the blog name: The Insouciant Sophisticate

Insouciant: easygoing, casual
Synonyms: carefree, happy-go-lucky, jaunty, sunny, nonchalant, unconcerned
Explanation: I first chose this word because I think it's fun to say and uncommon; I never hear people say it! Thus it fits with my vocabulary :) I also feel like I tend to be the antonym of this word (high-strung) and I don't wish to project that image through my clothes.

Sophisticate: reflecting educated taste
Explanation: I initially wanted glamour but thought that was a bit much since I'm usually just going to my office job (paperwork is very important). When I researched glamour a bit more, it was defined as "sophisticated style." That works for me!

This project will start in earnest on August 1st as I kick off my most fashionable month yet!